I wasn’t planning to write a post like this, due to Christmas being in a few days. And after all who want’s to read miscellaneous facts about me. However, the idea to write a post like this got the better of me. So, just be patient with me, just this one time I promise.
Giving back on your birthday seems to be on the upward swing. More like a trend in the blogosphere.
So, what does a blogger usually do on his birthday?
Write a blog post of course!
This year I wanted to do it a little different (as my birthday is today) and share some interesting facts about me. Many of you know me as Mr. Fox, have seen my picture around and I even had the pleasure to meet some of you in real life. For the rest, who’ve known me over the years, some of the miscellaneous facts in the post are old news and some are fairly fresh that you may not even know about. So, I wanted to give back something to you the readers (sharing some dirty secrets on me) and bring you one step closer on how I roll in real life.
Below are 28 quick facts you might have not know about me. Hope you enjoy reading as much as I enjoyed writing this post.
1. My first job was working at a fast food joint, familiar to most of us a McDonald’s. Yeah, me at McDonald’s at the ripe age of 14. Loved the free food and working the closing shift. We used to head to the rooftop and throw eggs at passing by Taxi cabs at 1am. How lame, I know.
2. I got my drivers license on the day of my 16th birthday. Man, was I ever stoked.
3. Due to some of my savings and largely due to my parents generosity, I purchased my first car 8 months later. A 1993 Mazda 323 for a whopping $2,300.
4. I love the Food Network (always on TV) and deep down inside I’m a big Foodie. I enjoy cooking equally as much as trying out new restaurants.
5. I started writing this blog as my outlet to share my experience of getting out of debt. Little did I know, that my case of debt was very minor, compared to some that I read here. Thus far, it’s been a life changing experience.
6. I purchased my first home at the age of 25.
7. I have 99 problems (sort of), but women are never one.
8. My drink of choice is good old Budweiser beer. And throw in some vodka and the odd martini in too. (No, I’m not an alcoholic, so don’t go there gf!)
9. I’ve become a book collector since I started blogging. This year, I read over 9 books and it may not sound like a lot to some of you, but for me it’s a milestone. Especially considering the fact that last time I read a book was in high school (Macbeth).
10. I prefer to drive a stick car versus automatic. Better control and larger thrill.
11. I used to be heavily into car racing, modifying and some street racing. All before Ontario banned street racing as a whole. Car of choice – 1991 VW Golf GTI.
12. I do not believe in ghosts.
13. I do not like seafood or I should say, it’s not a forte of mine. However, I enjoy a good tuna sandwich every so often. Odd, I know.
14. I entered University at the age of 17. I was the youngest in my class (probably in the whole school), since my birthday is so late.
15. A year later, I dropped out of my University program. It just wasn’t for me. Looking back now, it ended up being one of the best decisions I ever made.
16. I don’t have any pets, yet I’m a dog lover. Not so fond of cats.
17. All through high school I was terrified of public speaking. I got over that hump in college and now enjoy getting up and speaking.
18. When I was a young boy, I hated veggies and fruit. Today, I can’t get enough.
19. I was born in Europe (Eastern Europe precisely) in a country called Bosnia.
20. English is my second language and I read/write Bosnian fluently.
21. I’m a pretty good cook and a master on the BBQ.
22. I’d love to go to the Disney World one day.
23. My favorite city is Tdot, but next to it is New York City. I been fortunate to have visited NYC a few times.
24. I’m a huge car junkie, even though I drive a box now.
25. I’m a neat-freak, well sort of. Either way, I enjoy a tidy and clean home.
26. My favorite Shows on TV – Simpson’s, Married With Children, Prison Break, Holmes on Homes, Till Debt Do Us Apart
27. I enjoy walking and running, yet never ran a marathon yet. Maybe 2012 will be the year!
28. I’ve played soccer since I was 7 years old and even played competitively. I’ve also been fortunate enough to coach kids soccer – ages 6 through 11, for 7 years on and off. A rewarding feeling.
My name is Eddie and this has been 28 quick fun facts about me. And to all of you, thank you for sticking with me through the last year and being avid readers.
Here’s to another 80 years!